Schiphol time slots. How to book the Schiphol security check time slot?
Friday, June 9, 2023
During the summer of 2022, Schiphol Airport witnessed increased passenger volumes, leading to challenges at the security check process. These challenges stemmed from post-COVID-19 travel limitations, causing temporary staff shortages and operational issues, resulting in longer queues at the airport's security check, and flight disruptions which led to missed flights.
To address the previous year's challenges, Schiphol Airport has implemented security check time slots for the travel season of 2023, ensuring a smoother travel experience and preventing similar situations from occurring. These measures have been introduced for flights within the Schengen area.
To secure your own timeslot, simply visit the official website of Schiphol Airport and follow our user-friendly step-by-step guide.
- Begin by selecting your travel date, destination, airline, and flight number. Remember that you can reserve your preferred time slot up to 3 days in advance of your journey, for flights only within the Schengen area.
- Indicate your party size and select one of the suggested time slots. Note that the latest time you’re able to select is 1 hour before your departure time. Moreover, your booking only applies to security check, make sure you dedicate enough time to check in your luggage.
- To proceed with your booking, provide your email address and accept the terms and conditions of the airport’s booking policy.
- Before finalising your booking, please take a moment to double-check the information provided to ensure that you booked the correct time slot for your flight. It is essential to verify that you have booked the correct time slot for your specific flight to avoid any potential confusion or inconvenience.
- You will receive a confirmation email which will include all the details of your booking. If you face disruptions on your way to the airport you may edit the time of your appointment in order to ensure a smooth journey through the airport. Remember to save your QR code and details of your booking.
- All done, now head to the airport!
Once you arrive at the airport, proceed to your airline's check-in desk if you haven't already checked in online. Take care of your luggage, if needed, and proceed to your designated gate. Scan your boarding pass and proceed to security.
Ensure that you arrive within your assigned time slot. You have a 15-minute window within your reservation to present yourself at the dedicated security checkpoint indicated by the 'Timeslot' sign. Show your QR code to the security personnel and proceed through the security screening process as you would normally.
If you have any more questions regarding the matter, consult the Schiphol Airport website.
Travel disruptions like flight delays or cancellations can be frustrating. Despite Schiphol Airport's efforts to combat last year's challenges, some disruptions may still occur but don't let them ruin your trip.
Our team of experienced professionals with over 10 years of expertise can guide you through the entire claims process and ensure the best possible outcome. So, relax and let us take care of the entire claim process for you.