Air travel is no longer for the rich. You don't have to sit tightly in your suit and neatly in your seat anymore and that's noticeable. That's why Genfare sent out a survey to map out the biggest annoyances when travelling by plane.
According to the survey, 64 percent of travellers think it's okay to take off their shoes during the flight and 20 percent think it's okay to take off their socks. Not okay, folks! What annoys travellers the most is kicking your seat. 54 percent of respondents were most annoyed by this. Which we don't think is very strange either. In other words, stop kicking the seats!
This is the list of annoyances while flying, in order of course:
- Seat being kicked: 54 percent
- Crying babies/children: 27 per cent
- Body odour: 26 percent
- Talkative fellow passenger: 23 percent
- Inattentive parents: 21 per cent
- Drunk passengers: 18 percent
- Chair leaning back: 17 percent
- Snoring: 15 percent
- Hurrying to get out of the plane: 15 percent
- Adjustable chair: 15 percent
- Feet up: 13 percent
- Strong smelling food: 11 percent
- Man-spreading: 7 percent
- Passengers taking off their shoes or socks: 6 per cent
- Bright screens on phones: 3 percent
- Non-service dogs: 2 percent
- Careless dressing: 1 percent
Fortunately, the travellers who had completed the survey had enough tips to counteract the annoyances. You can just ignore talkative passengers, put on your headphones just start watching a movie. However, to that one percent that said that “careless dressing” is one of the most annoying things about flying, we honestly have no answer to that and can barely understand what it means.
Irritated by a flight delay? Claim compensation!
Spending a long time in the same room with no way out makes us all a bit more irritable than usual. Did your journey already start full of irritations because your flight was delayed or cancelled? Let us help you! You may be entitled to compensation from the airline! Check your delayed or cancelled flight free of charge and without any obligation whatsoever:
Trustpilot-Reviews of Flight-Delayed.co.uk